- Who we are
- Organic Canada
- Organic Science Cluster
- Standards Review 2013-2015
- Standards Interpretation
- Info Bio
Addressing a question to the SIC
Is there a question that you want to address to the SIC?
Questions about the meaning of a particular point in the Canadian Organic Standard may originate from any source and are directed to the Canadian Organic Office at email@example.com
There is no specific comment form on which stakeholders should present their questions; but the SIC is suggesting the following guidelines:
- If you are a certified operator, you should first direct your question to your certifying body. As a professional delivering inspection services, the CB is your first reference.
- If you could not get a satisfying answer from your CB, you can address your question to the COO, at firstname.lastname@example.org, that will request guidance of the SIC if needed.
- Please address your question as clearly as possible, providing sufficient background to have the SIC understanding your issue and issuing the correct answer.
- If your question is not clear enough, the COO officer may contact you to get additional information.
- The COO does not divulgate your identity when requesting guidance of the SIC.
So, feel free to send your questions remembering to…
- Ask first to your certifying body
- Issue a clear question with supporting background
- Send your question at email@example.com
- Request to be anonymous or allow the SIC to know who you are